My favorite parts of chicken are the liver and Drumstick in that order. The wings might come in at a distant 3rd. The memory that stands out the most to me when I think about all the times I have eaten chicken is when I would look around the table to see who had the liver……(it was always my mother) and look at them pitifully so that I could have that piece. And my mum being the truly amazing mother she is would always give it to me. Even though the chicken liver was also her favorite part of the chicken.
So you can imagine my utter joy when I found out that you can buy a pack of only chicken liver. I felt like this was a special treat just for me. And you know what’s even better, It pocket friendly. Everyone is complaining about Njaanuary but I got the 500g pack for 160 ksh. For that price I am sure you can look around your seat cushions and get enough to buy a pack……becasue you are gonna wanna buy a pack of these chicken livers once you see this recipe.
For this you will need
- 500 gms Kenchic Chicken Liver
- Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 Large onions (chopped)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 bunch of parsley or dania
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as per need
- Lime juice * this is optional but it really brightens up the dish.
- Spices ( Chilli. Tumeric, Corriander powder, mixed spices, garam masala, garlic powder, black pepper and salt)
- Prepare everything by chopping up your vegetables and liver.
- In a pan, add oil, garlic, onion and ginger.
- Once the onions becomes transuscent, add tomatoes, tomato paste and all the spices. Cook until the it forms a thick paste.
- Add the chicken liver and cover. let it simmer until the liver is cooked
- At this stage, you can leave it like this if you want your liver as a dry fry….
- Or if you want creamy like I did, you can add 1 cup of milk. let it cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from the fire. Add the chopped parsley and you chicken liver masala is ready
- For best result cook this dish and serve after 6 hours or overnight, so that the liver absorbs all the oil and masala flavor. You will not believe how tasty this was the following day. So make sure you make lots so that you can have left overs.
You can serve this with chapati, or naan or rice.
please try this adnd let me know how it turnd out.