Sometimes you just need a little something simple and quick to cook but looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. So you if you are still desperately trying to figure out what you will make this valentines, How about this.
This recipe is fresh, Tangy and 0h-so-creamy. There is something about a creamy dish that makes you feel decadent. Like you are in a fancy french resturant where sauce is king. The combination of milk and cooking cream is the key to utter delicious creaminess.
Becasue sharing is caring, here is what I used………
Let’s talk shrimp. When you’re cooking shrimp, keep in mind that it cooks very fast. As soon as both sides are white, it’s done. If you cook longer than that, it’ll start to turn rubbery and too chewy.The whole meal takes about 15 minutes to make. This is perfect when you have friends over. The last thing you need is to be stuck in the kitchen when you could be mingling.
- 1½ cups penne or other noodles
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Uncooked shrimp
- Black pepper
- Red chili paste (Optional )
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Red and Green Peppers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus more to taste (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 1/2 cup whole Fresh milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Add the penne to a pot of boiling water, along with a dash of salt, and cook until al dente- Al Dente means Firm to the bite, it shouldn’t be (I love using italian and french terminology when cooking, it makes me feel all chefy)
- While your pasta cooks, melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the shimp in a small bowl. Add some salt, pepper, and the pinch of cayenne. Mix everything together and then put in a single layer into the saucepan. Cook the shrimp about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
(Optional: Cut each shrimp into 2 or 3 pieces, so you get a piece in every bite.)
- In same saucepan, reduce heat to low. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add chopped onion,and peppers and cook for another minute. Add lemon juice, Lemon zest and cooking cream and whole milk. Add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice to taste (The amount you add depends on your own preference).
- Drain the penne and add into the pan. Toss everything together, and add as much parmesan as you’d like, if you decide to use it. Stir in shrimp and sprinkle the chopped parsley. Stir for about 1 minute to soften.Scoop right out of the pan to bowls and serve.